Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The YA begins to get thoroughly exciting!

Planet Beth is going to Germany or more specifically Karl von Frisch Gymnasium, Dußlingen, Baden Württemberg.

At last I have something to get properly excited about :) and have as such spent most of the day fighting the internet trying to get to Cologne for the Altenburg Konferenz.

90 odd quid later we've managed it and I'm rather looking forward to meandering around Cologne city centre for a bit in the morning, I've always been told its beautiful and I want to check it out for myself.  Getting flights to Cologne is a hassle though.
And finding hotels even more so!

And I haven't even started looking at trains to Dußlingen for the end of the Konferenz! But thankfully I have discovered that Deutsche Bahn also works in English, which is reassuring because I get twitchy when travelling and like to have everything nice and ordered and having to add extra energy into working out the German site would only make it worse.

Having now checked into various train times and prices, I now have to Google Earth Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof to work out how on earth one station can have 101 (at least) platforms! Also I feel fleeced by the Deutsche Bahn, when a country is as large as Germany, it is therefore a long way to anywhere and prices should be less! I suspect this particular rant may feature a few times!

The most worrying thing about all of this excitement is that come Monday morning I actually have to ring my school and talk to my Betreuungslehrer (What kind of a word has 2 u's in it consecutively!?)
Grammar is going to get mangled and great whopping misunderstandings will take place. I dislike telephones. They're not good with sarcasm or foreign languages. But then the German's aren't good with sarcasm...

I can see this going terribly wrong xD

Terribly, terribly, hysterically wrong.

For you see this person:
ubiquitous beanie and all will be in the next town!

This is very reassuring, well for me, that noise you can hear is Tosh wringing his hands and hoping Germany survives.

Right,

I've run out of words here.
Bis später!
Bethxx

No comments:

Post a Comment