Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

In which there is disgust at holiday homework, I will moan about 9AM starts, and why I am banned from New Look.

Dear DELC, You have set me homework during freshers week. This is a bucket of slops, go drink it.
Anyone who has been on camp knows there's nothing worse than looking in the slops bucket. The crew are often heard to tell each other to go eat slops if one irritates the other. You would most definitely not want to consume anything from the slops bucket. In fact the idea of that rather equates to the idea of German homework during freshers week. German 101 Part 2 are less than impressed.
I haven't even looked at English yet. Not yet recovered from DELC.

But that's only the beginning of this rant. (Dear Josh, hold on to your spleen). Despite my rather empty looking timetable, it packs its punches. This timetable has a weekend in the middle of it, (there goes my degree), and 2 9AM starts, (goodbye pleasant, lovely Beth, hello growly, grunty monster).
Despite 9AM's being infinitely preferable to 6PM finishes, (not even being able to think about dinner till 7 is always immensely depressing), 6.30 Alarm calls are never pleasant.

Especially if its all the fault of my 9AM Lecturer.  I can't help it. I fall asleep in his lectures. I can't say what Lucy's friend once said, he's a pompous finicky individual and would probably get me chucked out. He thinks he's funny - I've met wittier rocks. I find his lectures a bit like chewing marbles. Seemingly Ceaseless, unfailingly boring, ultimately thankless, and funny for all the wrong reasons.

Also I disagree with some of his more strident opinions, which in the vein of most academics, he considers to be an unforgivable crime. I can see myself giving myself concussion before this year is out, on purpose, not by accident.

Onto lighter material. I've banned myself from New Look. (I heard that snort of derision - keep your opinions for an I told you so. They're far more satisfying)
The place is a danger to my bank balance. I'm now going to have to strip back on cupcakes. (*sobs, wail, hyperventilate*) I bought a lovely pair of boots. (and a new pair of jeans, but that's boring). The boots are lovely and once I have acquired some new Scholl Party feet thingies. (Though it'll end up being boot's own brand cos I'm a tight fisted student.) walking/ standing shall be more bearable. And any further comments on why Beth shouldn't wear heels will fall on deaf ears. Yes I'm 6ft(ish). In what way does that mean I shouldn't wear pretty shoes? I don't have a height complex, neither should you, or rather you shouldn't have a complex about my height!
But yes until I have acquire christmas presents or, till next term rolls around one can safely say one has spent enough in New Look.
Now then having vented, possibly ruptured Josh's spleen, (long story) and having seen the time, I'm to Real Food 'cos I'm Late!
Beth xxx

1 comment:

  1. *gives evil Darth laugh*

    Yeah, yeah. You'll be looking to me to justify purchases before Christmas comes around, no doubt about it.

    Note to self: Buy higher heels before Beanpole gets home...

    ReplyDelete