Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

In which Beth moves into a house, shoots video, makes roast, names mops and does various other peculiar things.

On Friday I moved into my house.

My mother came with me and we scrubbed the place from top to bottom. it was disgustingly filthy.
My mother was less than impressed: "I have NEVER had to sweep walls before"

We waged a war on grease and cobwebs.

Dawn & Beth 43 Cobwebs 0.

TAKE THAT SPIDERS!

We cleaned the whole place. Mum even washed windows.

The water was black and the cloth ruined.
If ever catch anyone of you putting Windowlene on windows I will beat you to death with the bottle.
You may as well take furniture polish or grease to your windows.

Warm water and a microfibre cloth people!!!!
Rant against windowlene ends here.

On Saturday, Amy arrived first, then Alyson.

They just about had time to plonk their stuff in before Alyson's mum whisked us off to the supermarket.

It was an epic shop. The behemoth of a trolley got to the point where it took both me and Amy to get it around the store. We have enough food to survive for several weeks.

Many heartfelt thanks to Alyson's lovely mum for the shopping.

Saturday continued to get crazier as Emily, Rach and Jonathan descended on us for the start of our saturday night Tv fests with Dr. Who and skyping Lucy.

Sunday was a a calmer day which started with Amy and I heading off to church, before we came home had a quick lunch and heading to uni to get Alyson's keys. We then having tramped all the way up to uni decided to make it worthwhile and had a wander around the northwest of the campus where we found these:

They seem to be acorn shaped learning pods in the middle of the woods near the LICA building. We thought they were pretty cool.

After that we went home and sorted out our kitchen that was in chaos before cooking a roast dinner.
It was excellent. And we did it all by ourselves. admittedly there was a couple of phone calls to mum asking how to do something. Having never made a full roast dinner before it was difficult xD.

We finished the evening by playing daft games on the gamecube! We are so retro :P


Today Amy and I went into town to gather a few things we needed, we seem to run into so many people Katie, Helena, Laura, Rachy, Tom, and Lee, the only reason we didn't see Menez is because he was en route from Gibraltar xD. If you want to find your female friends; head to New Look, to find their boyfriend and best friend step outside xD 
After Lunch, Emma came over and stayed to dinner. and that is what I have done in the past 3 days.
Apart from this:





Now I'm going to make a second blog because theres too much data on this one xD.

The next one will be the video tour.
It was great fun to shoot. Particularly as we screwed it up the first time. I say we I mean I screwed up. I shot it portrait and it doesn't work.  If you have a laptop you can sit on its side you can  see it because I will post it on the bottom of the Blog. They're quite different in places and equally as funny. Mostly because the vids are like unedited versions of my blogs, rambly.
Also as they were shot at two very different times you see two aspects of life here. 

See you in a few 
Bethxx

1 comment:

  1. Damn those learning pods look sexy, and I mean that in the least weirdest way possible since I'm an Architectural technology student =D

    ReplyDelete