Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

This Post is unimaginatively titled. 4DAYS!

So I officially occupy my own home.

And before I'd even stepped in the door those money grabbing trouble makers at TV Licensing were demanding we buy their precious product because we were currently breaking the law.

Interesting for an empty house.

Especially one that wont have TV in until saturday at which point I shall begrudgingly hand over my hard grovelled cash.

We were as you are most probably well aware very excited to get into Sibsey Street.

Sadly we were to be very disappointed by the state it had been left in.

Broken Sofa, holes in the wall, mattress mouldering in the yard. rubbish left on the floor in the bedroom.

The Landlord clearly hadn't cleaned, grimy kitchen and never ending cobwebs.

Despite this everything is else is in good working order and we were pleased to find it larger than remembered.

So there's work to do, but the major issues are being dealt with this week.

One thing that does worry me though is the recycling.

In 2004 I went to Germany and was confronted by a mind-boggling number of bins under the sink.

Today I counted that we have 7 waste receptacles.


SEVEN!


In what universe are there seven sub categories of waste???

At home we have 4 waste receptacles.

That I can cope with. But 7? By that logic I should have at least 3 bins in my bedroom!

These boxes and buckets have no where inside to go. As such they have become filled with stagnant water.  I do not look forward to emptying them on Saturday. Plus I have to face the most depressing fact that Amy, Alyson and Myself will actually have to weed the front... well you can't legitimately call it a garden, that bit between our front gate and house, to actually free said receptacles.

We shan't revisit my views on gardening, they aren't positive.

Despite this we had a very good day and Amy and I enjoyed what was effectively my first sleepover since I was 14.

Emmy's visit to Lancaster wasn't a sleepover as she couldn't choose to sleep in a guest room. Owing to a non existence of one.

The next 4 days will be manically busy. The next blog shall most likely be Sunday. Unless i procrastinate that loathsome thing called packing.

Right now I'm going to go and have nightmares about Recycling.
Bethxx

No comments:

Post a Comment