Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

As previously promised...

Guess what I found!

And it wasn't under the bed!!!

In fact quite on the contrary to last nights blog, under my bed was... well... rather spotless.

Incredibly since I bottomed out my room it seems to have been untouched by my crap. I seem to have become tidier. Despite my decidedly well functioning floordrobe. An installation known to frequently induced the phrase "Young lady, your floor is unacceptable!" from my Mother.

Fans of my traditional whirlwind disorganised messiness will be overjoyed to know that opening my wardrobe is still a most dangerous enterprise and that attempting to find a matching pair of shoes in its underbelly is a fruitless expedition.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about.
('Though I pobably should deal with my Wardrobe)

So Saturday before last I arrived home from Camp. I unpacked my laundry into the washing Machine, as did my brother in the following day and a bit all this was turned around Re-packed and en-route to London.
We we're staying with my dad who was working there. He rents a room in a vicarage in the posh bit of the East End and they kindly let us stay in their House whilst, ironically, they were on Holiday in our neck of the woods, at one point they even texted Dad saying they were in Pontefract.
I now have my own Oyster Card. This makes me somewhat excited. There is something vaguely satisfying about slapping the card on the yellow reader and watching the gates open magically. Much more fun than fuddling about trying to feed horrifically expensive tickets through little ticket readers.
If I desired to that I could get on the train to Leeds. At least the shops don't demand £30 for a makeover or sneer at your Outfit that altogether cost less than just half a pair of their Shoes.
Unsuprisingly I spent the first 2 days shopping.
Well I say the first 2 days. On the first day (Tuesday), I managed to turn a tramp around London into a spending spree.

For some unknown reason this picture refuses to rotate

I spent a large amount of money on a rucksack. In the Flagship store In the sale. On Carnaby Street. It was the most expensive Item I bought all week.

The Next day was the designated shopping day. The day I met up with Lucy.
We tramped up and down Oxford Street.
She bought Yves St Laurent Lippy.
We went to Selfridges.
And I bought Concealer.
It cost me £27. I don't care. Its the best concealer in the world.
Technically this is their "Foundation Stick" Its just a bigger version of their concealer stick. Its Fantastic.
Plus I got the yellow Bag.
There's something I like about Selfridges bags. I think its their Simplicity.
We also went to Primark. Nothing particularly exciting about that. But I did manage to get some more of the cushions we picked up in Donny for the House. I'll be honest, anything vaguely related to my house gets me squeaking like a mouse on speed.
After shopping hard all morning We decided it was time to find some caffeine.
We wandered down a side street, at which point a guy jumped in front of us. Free Coffee/ Tea with ANY order! Being good little Yorkshire students we thought, "YAY! Free drinks", found the café and ordered the cheapest thing on the menu (Butter Croissants) and effectively got coffee and\croissant for £2
Twas a quait little place next to a quite ostentatious place

After that it was time to hit Harrods.So off to the Tube we went!
So After I'd had enough of taking pictures of Tube stations, we walked into Harrods.
I spent about to hours either making mocking sneery faces at pompous similarly sneery assistants, but that could only take place after I'd scraped my jaw off the ground.
This was in the toy dept. It was sooooo Cute.
Harrods however was our last stop. Mum met us there. My feet were ready to take the 40 min Tube journey out of town. But not before this.

I love this photo.

And that ends Part I.
Mainly be cause I can't be bothered writing any more tonight!
Till Part II
Bethxx

No comments:

Post a Comment