Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a week!!

*Yawns widely*
*Tries to work out what hit her*

I think it was camp,
The bonkers, emotional rollercoaster, scrumptious, mad rush of a week that was camp occurred last week.
So in case you were worried I'd died, nope, and this year, (mercy of all mercies), my campers didn't seem hellbent on either killing me or putting me in a mental hospital.

Most people already think I should be in such institution.

That's my tent with me and the famous Emi-bobs. (She has made numerous previous appearances on this blog)
They were a tad mental, but we like 'em that way, then they don't notice that nearly 16 years in full time education turns your head to mush.

The week honestly didn't feel like a week but then we were so busy I barely had time to blink.
One night Emily disappeared for just under 15 minutes, by the time She got back I was spark out. My mouth already in spider catching mode as a friend once said. That thought still causes me  a severe case of the heebie jeebies.
It was incredible week. So very inspiring to watch Young kids come to faith or grow in theirs.
Camp however as, dorm/tent leaders everywhere will attest every where will attest, is not just for the camp. The leaders are also put through the emotional fast spin cycle. Camp is the one time where you are so disconnected from the outside world, (It was Wednesday before we got a full grasp on the scale of the madness that had swept the nation), that you sit back and take stock, and sometimes you have stuff to deal with you didn't even realise you had to deal with, or stuff you thought you'd successfully swept under the rug crawls out from underneath. God says: "Its Time To Deal With It." and there's little you can do but deal with it.
He moves so mightily on camp its difficult to deny existence, especially when his presence is so tangible.

I realise that this the first time I've really talked about my faith on here, but I'm not going to deny, hide or be ashamed of my faith. I spent long enough doing that and to be brutally honest its such a fundamental part of who I am it has only ever caused me great amounts of hurt. I know a lot of you don't agree with what I believe, especially in these modern times when what the Bible says is so counter cultural. Thats fine, just don't knock me. In some ways I laugh at my younger self, the greatest act of rebellion is to go so completely against the grain of society's norm.
Camp showed me this.

I made some great friends on camp and always look forward to it.
 There are some humorous moments.

 There are several embarassing photos of my backside that Emily took from this particular attraction at Pleasure Island. Unfortunately for you lot she hasn't uploaded them yet so you'll have to make do with Hannah looking cutely confused instead. I'm sorry its not as funny... who am I kidding...!
NB as a rollercoaster/any kind of sick inducing ride-o-phobe: Pleasure Island is my least favourite day. I stand there coat/bag rack supremo bored witless trying to encourage 9 years, "Don't go on the Alakazam you've just had a full tub of pick and mix".... "You know Josh, I'm not surprised you were sick, I told you not to, and no I don't wish to know its location should I wish to investigate the partially digested gummy snake!" (Just one particularly gross example from last year).  9-13 years are often utterly delightful, and at others... well see above.
Thursday night was the best evening. It was beach party themed. I was so proud of my best dressed tent. Emi-bobs inspired Idea to bring face paints too kept my busy with the little Kids all evening. (Camp leaders often bring their younger kids with them just for a holiday, some the older ones join in with some of the activities).

Anyway this week I'm running around elsewhere. And tomorrow I'm seeing Lucy-cakes. Woot! Me and "The Clothes-Plough" are off shopping dressed to the nines! Guess which shops were off too and I'll get you a Crunchie. (Depending on cash flow and avaliabilty of Crunchie... I may have eaten it for you...) 


Now I'm off to eat my bar of chocolate.
Ta ra!
Bethxx

1 comment:

  1. Well, Beth, I'll admit I'm always reluctant to read your blogs for fear of what I like to call: "Beth rant induced splenetic rupturing". However, I have found the greatest advantage to reading this and that is how I find new pieces of information about people I know. First of all, your faith: had I know I would've held off on the atheism rants at College, although my own faith is in doubt at the minute Agnostic isn't even the half of it!
    Second, What a wonderful experience you seem to have had at camp! It seems an age since I spoke to your properly and I miss the odd conversations we somehow ended up engaged it.
    You also remind me to catch up with NCIS!! My days I don't think I've watched it in over a year, to the interwebz!
    I bid thee Adieu (if that is indeed how one spells it) :)

    ReplyDelete