Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A big cough, a big box, and a Big fail... or two.

I have a cough. it keeps me awake at night. Last night it was so bad I thought I may throw up. it kept me up to the wee hours. Eventually I got to sleep. Then eventually I crawled out of bed. 3 minutes before the train i should be on to Wakefield left. Big Fail 1 of the day. Loudly announcing my displeasure I sat up. And promptly started to sneeze. It has only just stopped.I would like to thank my mum for this pleasurable experience. Having missed the train I wasn't going to wakey. The bus fare is, to be perfectly honest, extortionate and I refuse to pay it. On the train with my lovely Railcard it is a measly £1.80 return to Wakefield. on the bus its £5 return. for a much longer nosier, busier more uncomfortable journey. Plus as we were off to the cinema and i am particularly keen to see the film, not sleep through it, it just wasn't practical. Plus for once my dad is home. He doesn't get home very often cos of his job, and I miss him. So we decided to go investment shopping.

I have finally brought myself fully into the 21st Century.

It involved acquiring a big box.

I liked the colours on it... (there was both Pink AAAAAND Purple!)

I liked the contents even more...

and the price even better.

Early summer sales are great y'know :)

I've wanted a new tele since I found out about the switchover. To put a box on my old one was an electrical nightmare. After September to run one tv, which under analogue needed only ONE plug, would for digital need 3. My room has a total of ten sockets. Of which 9 are in permenant use, (Mrs Bennet is a machine of numerous components) number 10 is reserved for miscellaneous such as mobile phone chargers, hairdryers and printing. I was dangerously close to having to lose my DVD player.  Now however my DVD player is in my tele!

However, I nearly had to leave my lovely new purchase in the shop.

Even Bigger Fail No. 2.
I left my purse at home,

I left my crucial piece of plastic at home.

I had to talk my Parents into paying for it.

This meant I had to online transfer the money to my Mum.

I hate Online Banking. I rarely have to use it, but every time I log on there have been some security upgrade, making my previous log in details redundant.
Every time, I have to ring the bank.
I can barely check my bank balance with out one or other of my banks screaming at me to download their security software.
Problem is I haven't room for their bloatware.
Mr. Bennet is one hissy fit away from becoming Mrs. Bennet II (At some point I'll blog about how my comps got their names), truth is, i cant remember all these codes!

Urgh. I don't have enough money to be worth stealing from.

OOO! My TV has a digital recorder!!
I'm off to figure it out.
:DDDD

Bethxx

2 comments:

  1. Lol. This is why I have a suitcase for a handbag. It means I have everything I need should one such occasion arise. And then I don't end up owing my mother... anymore than I already do... xD This TV sounds cool though. We shall have to give it a try sometime. I shall supply the DVD. When I finally manage to get out of the house, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my suitcase handbag! but not my purse...

    ReplyDelete