Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A day in which my hand hurt but nothing much happened.

It's during Exams that my life gets so excruciatingly boring, that owing to my rolling out of bed at 11 and feeling horrendous, the highlight of my day was, walking to LUSU Central to buy Jammie Dodgers and watching "Definately, Maybe" with my boyfriend whilst frantically texting Anna - we watch films and talk about them via texts, or IM, its kinda whatever is available at that point in time- though weirdly if we watch a film together the most we do is the occasional "ooohhhhoo!" I'll let you work out what may cause that noise.
So today consisted of watching pretty much anything on the tele whilst working through the last two lectures of on of the 2 modules for this weeks English Exam. Tomorrow I have to start on the other part of it. Then comes French.

French.
I am so eager to revise French that the week and a half's washing up in the kitchen looks like, Double Chocolate fudge brownie fresh out of the oven with a full can of cream nearby. Scrubbing my overpriced en-suite bathroom from top to bottom seems equivalent to lying in bed all day just because you can. Doing the 4 weeks worth of ironing I shoulda done whilst watching Friends re-runs look like sitting on my butt watching friends re-runs.

I hate French.

Two years ago, if you'll forgive me, French was my "raison d'être". Well maybe 3. By 2 years ago A- level French  had come into my life and my tutor dumped a load of: "I pick favourites and least favourites; of my least favourites you are the worst", all over an already bad enough situation. Less about that though... though one of her lessons sounds more appealing than revising french at least in there, there was banter.
Untill yr 12 I loved french. It was one of my favourite Lessons. (I am a total geek - forgive me) Now the mere mention of the subjunctive brings me out in hives. The Passive causes cold sweats normally only seen on a menopausal woman at 2AM, and there are days when I can't even remember how to conjugate avoir and être. And I learnt that aged 7. Except multiplication I can remember most things I learnt at seven. I never figured out times tables.

You may be wondering why my hand hurts. After all I mentioned it in the title. I have a severe case of revision claw. I've been writing so long i now have cramp in my hand, that and I shut it in the door. Never quite got the hang of not leaving my hand in the door frame either. Cost me a thumbnail once, it wasn't pretty.
 Anyway I'm off for a swim first thing so i should probably get some shut eye.



I'm gonna blog a bit about these guys next time. And a few others. The Pod sixers. My uni mummy (she makes me awesome brownie, doesnt shout and force me out of bed in the morning xD)
The amazing Amy Gilliand may crop up.
Henry Hoover and Hannah too.

Anyway I better go. I'll want to edit the sense out of this, or into it. I'm not sure which....

Bethxx

No comments:

Post a Comment