Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Today was Poetic


Having spent the past 5 minutes trying to compose a limerick, I hope that what ever spawn I produce never go through that Limerick obsession phase that besets most kids at some point.
Thankfully however I was not analysing Limericks. Unfortunately, however I was analysing Yeats.  I wanted to kill myself.

AH HA! I have just removed the American dictionary from Chrome spellcheck. It made me happy. Thankfully I installed English UK. I'm too tired to actually spell these days. I may not  have to carry out my threat of a Noah Webster Character Assassination. What a shame. I was looking forward to that.
 But other than the aforementioned limericks and hatred of Yeats, the title is a lie. It just sounded good, kind of...

Much later...

But I promised to talk about some randoms I posted pictures of yesterday.
So I will.
After drinking half a bottle of Fanta. Why must Chinese have so much MSG in it grrr...

This individual, posing with a phone named Derek, is Anna
Naming her phone isn't the weirdest thing she does. She has a 6 yr old (at least 6 years anyway) laptop named Nathaniel, and a female cat with a French boys name. She has another cat too. She's collecting them, cats and books, books and cats she collects them.
She's my best friend, adopted sister (we adopted each other - there ain't no paper here). She's odd, brilliant, a lover of opera, bad 80's music, and vampires and her ambition is to be the crazy Cat lady. She also tells me she hates me frequently. See. Told you we were sisters.

You see that one. The one doing the chicken? Yeah? That's Mark.
He keeps saying he's had a haircut. We've never noticed :P
One of our Mutual Friends thinks he's gonna be a serial killer. I don't agree.
His 86 year old German grandmother is the most entertaining woman I've yet to meet.
He gets annoyed when Germans don't know how to queue
He's the only person ever to have blown a pancake up.
...or to have such a disrespect for the French language as to use a French dictionary as bed support.
But best of all he's my best friend, who's always there worries too much and still owes me a bottle of schnapps. I miss him muchly.
Ahh these two. Dom and Conor.
Only one thing to say really. Pokémon. Oh and that they are awesome, if slightly dirty minded. Also Conor likes to make much hate with Anna. No, I don't get it either, but never before has friends insulting each other been so much fun. Dom also dates Charlie :) She's awesome and I've known her for nearly *GASP* 9 years. Damn I'm getting old..

Theres more of them :) This is Laura. I miss her.

Now for the Uni Gang:

This artistic cultured person is Amy. My best friend and future house mate. She's also best friends with my cousin. Who, is slowly achieving his life long dream of making a minion as he turns, Andrew (Amy's bf), into a David clone. Its scary. Also I nicked this pic. It was taken in Berlin. How is it fair that the art student makes it to Berlin before the German student? Go Figure.

There's Hannah -  She's lovely bubbly and makes me smile :) 
This is Henry Hoover
He thinks he's sleeping on my living room floor next year. He's not. His last name isn't hoover either. Its a nickname, which stuck.

These next two are most special people :)
They'll kill me for this pic later...
That's Emily the awesome. And my Uni Mummy, Lucy.
I have already started my sulk that Lucy and her brownie baking are going to Spain in the Autumn. The Spaniards don't deserve brownie. I get to keep Emily though. And I get to bug her on camp too. 


This lot are the Cartmel Gang. They're pretty cool to.
Anyway. That's those randoms dealt with. Guess I better go hide. Now what did I do with that Fanta....
Till I next get bored,
Bethx
Some photos nicked from facebook. They got nicked ages ago for my wall of fame. :

1 comment:

  1. Chinese doesn't have to have msg in it - just ask them to leave it out when you order - they will - simple really. xx

    ReplyDelete